We are committed to posted, no gimmick pricing and fair rates. If you make a reservation, you can be assured that you have received our very best rate. We invite you to compare equipment, reservation discount, sales tax and our free 5th day – you'll find our rates very competitive.
· We offer a 20% Reservation Discount (see the Online price shown on our Winter Rental Equipment pages): Once you select an equipment package, you'll be walked through the process of setting up a reservation. A $10 per person deposit – $50 maximum – is required by credit card. Any deposit or payments are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival. We recommend that you reserve equipment at least a week prior to arrival. If reserving within 2-5 days, especially for the Christmas holidays, Martin Luther King or Presidents' weekend, or March school breaks, you might want to call for availability. We do not accept reservations after 8am Mountain Time the day before arrival. You can pick up the equipment any time after 3pm on the day before your reservation begins at no additional charge.
· Your 5th day of rental is free, including our pants, jacket and helmet rentals. Rent for 5 days, pay for 4. Rent for 10 days, pay for 8, etc. Kids 5 and under are free with an adult rental (skis or snowboards and helmets only).
· Breakage Insurance is included in our rates for free which covers any normal wear-and-tear on our equipment. However, please remember, you are responsible for any theft or loss of equipment.
· We are NOT offering overnight storage at this time.
· Our tax on rentals is only 2.5% because we pay a state
use tax when purchasing our equipment. Other shops must charge 8.275% if
they don’t pay the use tax. The difference is $1.10 to $2.48 per day
(adult equipment). And in case you're wondering, the 2.5% is a
Breckenridge sales tax, which is unavoidable.
Blue River Sports has operated under the same owner operators since 1982 and Mountain Wave, our snowboard specialty shop, since 1993. Our business philosophy is simple: Treat our customers as we like to be treated on our vacations: good equipment, great service and fair prices.
· Over the years we have found that being up front and honest avoids many misunderstandings. We will discuss rates and policies, as well as answer any questions before you pay or start getting equipment. We will suggest appropriate equipment for you, not the most (or least) expensive. Our website and brochure describe the exact equipment you'll receive upon arrival. And we guarantee that our reservation rate is the best rate we offer.
· We’re proud of our equipment. At the beginning of each season, none of our equipment is over 2 seasons old. We tune each ski and board before every rental and will replace any that is not tuned to your satisfaction.
· Look at our Winter Rental Equipment pages carefully. We describe the exact equipment that we offer in each package. Many shops can’t do that because of the aging potpourri of equipment in their fleet. You’ll notice that our ski boots and bindings, as well as skis, are upgraded in our performance-upgraded ski packages.
· You didn’t come to Breckenridge to wait in a rental shop! We have 30 certified technicians committed to fitting you in 20 minutes or less. We will meet that in all but the busiest moments of the busy times of the season (Christmas, Spring Break). This includes explaining our equipment options, fitting your boot personally and answering any questions you may have. It’s even quicker when you make a reservation since your paperwork is already prepared.
· We do not charge for Breakage Insurance. We will take care of any problems or breakage of our equipment that occurs during normal usage. However, please remember, you are responsible for any theft or loss of equipment. You will be charged for equipment which is abused or not returned. Our biggest problem is people who put their boots too close to a heater at night. Ski boots are plastic, snowboard boots are fabric; either will melt.
· We are open late every night specifically for you to pick up your equipment the evening you arrive and be ready to hit the slopes in the morning. Feel free to pick up your equipment anytime after 3pm for the next day at no additional charge.
· People occasionally want to try different equipment – either a higher performance package or to exchange skis for a snowboard or a snowboard for skis. We think it’s great to try different ways to enjoy the mountain and will gladly accommodate exchanges. There is no fee to switch equipment, but there may be a daily rate adjustment for the difference in equipment package costs. If you’re renting the Specialty Ski or Titanium Snowboard package, you may try any available ski/snowboard in that package on a daily basis.
· We will make every effort to reserve a requested Specialty ski or Titanium snowboard. However, due to limited numbers (generally 1-2 per size, per model), we cannot guarantee a specific model, though we do guarantee a very similar ski or snowboard.
· We like to have equipment returned by 7pm so we can get started on tuning. By prearrangement, you may return equipment first thing in the morning if you’re night skiing at Keystone on your last night.
· We will refund any remaining days for equipment returned in the evening. We will NOT refund the day of a morning return.
· Call us to cancel your reservation. Deposits/payments are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival. If a reservation is not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance, we do not refund the $10 per person deposit.